Diets For High Blood Pressure Control And Cardiovascular Problems
There are many diets for high blood pressure that can help you keep hypertension at bay. A healthy diet will protect you from hypertension and other cardiovascular problems. This diet provides you with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other substances like phytochemicals that have a beneficial effect on your body's function.
If you have high blood pressure you are most likely to fall victim to
diseases of the heart and blood vessels which in turn affect your
quality of life and in many cases can be fatal. A healthy clean lifestyle with a proper high blood pressure diet you can successfully manage hypertension.
Share your diet secrets and success stories, ask questions or make comments about this topic.
View other's stories.
The basic important steps concerning nutrition and hypertension are: to stay away from things that can harm you and to adopt things that can help you live hypertension free.
Diet In High Blood Pressure - Do-It Yourself Part
- If you're planning to create your own diet plan, the first thing you should do is write down your weekly menu. This can be tedious but is the basis on which you will build up your successful fight against high blood pressure and also many other illnesses. There is no need to starve yourself or anything like that, just pick what you like and make a note of the sodium and other harmful things contained in it.
- Also prepare a chart, listing the amount of calories, protein, carbohydrates and fat in your prepared menu. Also prepare another chart listing what you generally eat, calculate the calories from what you normally eat and compare it with your new weekly menu.
- Making use of this chart adjust your menu to fulfill your hunger as well as your optimal mineral intake. You can always ask your physician to help with this as they can provide the best insight in this matter.
- You have to plan a daily healthy activity for yourself. This can include a stroll, gardening, playing some light sport, etc. The activity is not only important for your physical health but should also keep your mind fresh and active.
Things You Can Enjoy While On A HBP Diet
Sea Bass with Vegetables
- Drink soy milk instead of the usual milk.
- Grilled chicken or fish with basil leaves, garlic power, onion power and lemon juice. Enjoy it with a salad or pita bread or brown bread. You can use olive oil or spray cooking oil to grease the baking dish.
- Drink orange juice and prepare desert with oranges.
- A mixture of strawberry, banana, blueberries and cranberries blended in skim milk is considered a high mineral potent drink.
Things To Avoid While On Diets For High Blood Pressure
Fight your demons and give up unhealthy habits like drinking alcohol and smoking.
Plus stay away from fats, sugary products, red meat, salt/sodium, canned foods and hot spices as much as you can. And, where appropriate for you, make sure that half of the foods you eat are raw.
Your Lifestyle Diet For High Blood Pressure
What lifestyle have you adopted since you were diagnosed with high blood pressure? Are you feeling satisfied and are there any weight loss?
Share your secrets on the diet that has reversed or complement your high blood pressure treatment. And how long have you maintained this way of eating?
Return From Diets For High Blood Pressure To High Blood Pressure Diet
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.