Heart Strokes Blood Pressure Prevention
Find Your Own Preventive Measures
You have the power to lower your own risk of heart strokes blood pressure from happening. If you could prevent your own stroke from occurring by 75 percent would you then implement these actions?
There have been quite a number of new approaches that can make a huge difference in controlling your blood pressure, lowering cholesterol and preventing arterial disease. But to start you have to know what you are at risk for, by doing these test and some easy solutions.
- A simple blood pressure test is to measure your body's activity of one enzyme and one hormone. And they are your kidney enzyme called renin, and your adrenal glad hormone called aldosterone.
- Find out the level of fat in your blood after you have eaten. This new approach is found to be even more important than measuring your fasting cholesterol. Your diet was being under-estimated.
- Then there are people already taking statins which in some cases have affected their muscle. This can be resolved by reducing your dosage, adding ezetimibe - a generic drug marketed as Zeita or Eztrol; and taking CoQ10 a dietary supplement.
- And last to treat the treatable causes of artery disease caused by high levels of amino acid called homocysteine. J. David Spence, MD wrote
How to Prevent Your Stroke, has states it can be treated with vitamins.
Heart Healthy Foods
Include these foods into your heart strokes blood pressure prevention plan.
- Consume foods that are high in chromium. Chromium improves your insulin sensitivity and help your body to metabolize cholesterol. So consume green beans, broccoli, orange juice and potatoes.
- Wild Sardines, another heart healthy food, are high omega-3 essential fatty acids that helps in the prevention of clotting, reduced inflammation and lower your blood pressure. the American Heart Association recommends about 1,000 mg of omega-3 daily.
- Nuts especially walnuts and almonds have very high heart health benefits. They are rich in monounsaturated fats that regulates cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Magnesium reduces platelet clumping, lowers blood pressure and regulates heart rhythms. Spinach, swiss chard, pumpkin seeds are high in magnesium or take magnesium supplements of about 400 to 1,000 mg daily.
- Beans are fiber rich and helps in the lowering of cholesterol. Some people were able to reduce their risk of heart disease by as much as twenty percent as per research.
Lets Find Out What Is A Stroke And How It Can Be Formed
Strokes happens when your brain artery is blocked, stopping oxygen carried by the blood supply from going to your brain, along with fuel such as sugar that is needed for your brain function.
If the blockage to your artery is long lasting, parts of your brain can be permanently damaged and dies.
Clots comes through your bloodstream or from your heart and block the artery that is too small for them to go through are also called emboli. This term, embolic strokes, is used to described strokes caused by large blood clots from the heart. But what is amazing is that when your blood pressure is controlled, emboli from the artery wall causes most strokes.
Blood clots are also formed in the heart and is called red thrombus.
I must mention that blood clots do form in other areas of your body, for instance your skull, from your artery wall due to atherosclerosis, etc., but this page focus on the effects of heart strokes blood pressure issues.
Effects Of A Stroke
The effects of a stroke can be devastating. Most people suffer loss of speech, loss of independence an can also result in incontinence. Think of the burden to your loved ones.
Be aware of the many high blood pressure dangers that often go unnoticed that can lead to your damaged health and your quality of life in general.
Heart Strokes Blood Pressure Prevention Program
We are now open to new ideas of treatment but some of the old remains the same and they are:
- Exercising: The benefits of exercising is unmeasurable. You must include it in your daily activities.
- Diet: If you are overweight you must make a permanent lifetime adjustment in your diet. No excuses. And combined with an exercise program you will reap weight loss benefits.
- Lower your cholesterol levels.
- A relatively new approach is eating the Cretan Mediterranean diet is recommend over the American Heart Association diet. It is high in olive oil, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, beans, lentils, chickpeas, and nuts, and low in cholesterol and animal fat.
- Control your high blood pressure. Part of non-drug treatment for HBP is avoid things that elevate your blood pressure. Like licorice, decongestant medications, appetite suppressants and pep pills, and non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Learn more by reading this article on Why Blood Pressure Matters
in preventing a stroke.
A Word To African Descendants And HBP
If you are of African heritage then controlling your blood pressure might be a challenge to a Doctor who is not familiar with treating this group.
I am of African ancestors so for my cardiologist to choose the best treatment for me he had to measure my plasma renin and aldosterone levels. And also my potassium levels after taking a diuretic medication.
Controlling your blood pressure is a must in escaping heart strokes blood pressure complications.
Return To High Blood Pressure Dangers From Heart Strokes Blood Pressure