Managing High Blood Pressure:
5 Easy Tips for Success
Managing high blood pressure is something that can be done in several ways. Those who are looking for ways to maintain blood pressure need to look at the big picture, though. Although there are numerous treatment options available, it takes a lifestyle change to find success in maintaining blood pressure for the long term.
There is no doubt that you need to maintain your blood pressure, especially since this defines your long-term health and well-being. Without reducing your blood pressure readings, you could face continuous health complications, including a higher risk of stroke and heart attack.
The good news is that there are treatment options available to you, including the following five items.
Managing High Blood Pressure Can Be Easy
You can manage your blood pressure by utilizing all or most of these methods:
- Improve your diet. A diet that is rich in antioxidant rich foods, such as a rainbow of colored vegetables, is helpful. Reduce the saturated fat you consume and eat lean proteins, more fish and healthy fats.
- Focus on fitness. Those who are active are less likely to have health complications of the cardiovascular system. Do physical activities that you like on a daily basis.
- Reduce your weight. One of the most effective ways to reduce your blood pressure readings is to drop 10 percent of your body's weight if you are overweight. This helps because it reduces the workload of your heart, which in turn reduces the amount of pressure in your arteries.
- Consider supplements. Numerous supplements work in lowering blood pressure. Supplements for high blood pressure include CoQ10, folic acid, fish oil, garlic and potassium. Be sure to check with your doctor for the proper dosage of these supplements.
- Relax and improve your lifestyle. Emotions manifest physically within the body. You might feel tension throughout your body. Pay attention to what's happening in your body and focus on the specific region where your feelings are manifesting and breathe into them.
On your inhale visualize comfort and on your exhale visualize release and relief. By doing these breathing exercises you reconnect with yourself in a profoundly healing manner.
Also this means not smoking or drinking too much alcohol. Doing these things helps to reduce the workload of the heart which reduces your risks.
Are Medications Needed?
Those who have high blood pressure may need to use doctor prescribed
medications to treat their condition.
This is important if your doctor
believes that you are at risk for heart attacks or strokes because of
your high blood pressure.
Make Today Day One To Manage Your High Blood Pressure
The key to remember when it comes to managing high blood pressure is that it often takes a combined effect of several of these methods to see results.
Work on a plan to incorporate more health into your day-to-day life to see improvement.
How Are You Living With High Blood Pressure
Since your diagnosis, how are you handling it and whats your treatment?
Do rave about your health.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return to "Lowering High Blood Pressure" from "Managing High Blood Pressure"